Boston Nutrition Obesity Research Center
Seminar Series/Study Group Listings
- BNORC Adipose and Metabolic Study Group Seminars: Meets select Tuesdays at 10am
- Monday Nutrition Seminars at the Harvard School of Public Health
- Tufts - HNRCA Monday Seminar Series
DIVISION OF NUTRITION AT HARVARD, LONGWOOD NUTRITION SEMINAR 2014-2015,
Meets 1st Tuesday of Each Month, 12:00 – 1:00 PM
WEBINAR: Conducting Key Informant Interviews (2.5 hours)
In this workshop, you will receive training on how to conduct effective key informant interviews. You’ll learn how to obtain the data you need from the interviews, the tasks and traits of a good interviewer, and how to handle challenging interviewees. We’ll also discuss conducting interviews by phone, and with children. There will be ample time for practice conducting interviews with feedback.
Date and time: Monday, July 25, 2016, 2:30-5pm
Limited to 8 participants
Register to attend
12th Annual Stare-Hegsted Lecture - Nutrition Department, Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health
Thursday, October 13, 2016 at 5:30 PM - Reception at 4:30 PM
Kelly D. Brownell, PhD
Dean, Sanford School of Public Policy, Robert L. Flowers Professor of Public Policy, and Professor of Psychology and Neuroscience, Duke University
Location: Lecture-Kresge Cafeteria, Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health; Reception-FXB Atrium, Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health
Fall Obesity Working Group Meeting
Sponsored by the Epidemiology and Genetics Core of BNORC
Monday, October 24, 2016 from 2:30-5:00 PM
Agenda to follow
Location: Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health, 651 Huntington Avenue, Building 1, Room 1302, Boston, MA
Ongoing Enrichment Activities
- BNORC hosts an Annual Program or Retreat that provides an opportunity for Center members and other Boston area investigators and clinicians to participate in scientific exchange. This program includes participation of all currently-funded Pilot and Feasibility investigators and is attended by the Center’s Scientific Advisory Committee.
- Obesity Medicine Interhospital Rounds is a conference series, which is a collaborative effort among the obesity treatment programs at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston Children’s Hospital, Boston Medical Center, Massachusetts General Hospital, Tufts Medical Center and the University of Massachusetts Medical Center. It will be held Wednesday evenings from 6:30-8:00 pm approximately 6 times per year, rotating to a different hospital for each session.
- Annual symposium or workshop organized by one of the four core laboratories. These programs are intended to provide an educational forum for new and established investigators in the area(s) of expertise of the responsible core laboratory.
- Participation in the ongoing Continuing Medical Education course co-sponsored by Harvard Medical School, Tufts University School of Medicine, and the NAASO: The Obesity Society to transfer the latest information on the causes, consequences and treatment of obesity to the practicing physician. Participation of Center members in the course provides expertise not readily available elsewhere. In addition, BNORC’s inclusion in the CME course helps to promote the identity of the Center and establishes the Center as a resource for expertise in obesity related activities.
- BNORC Adipose and Metabolic Study Group Seminars (ABM Core): The Study Group meeting includes research seminars and presentations of research in progress and grant proposals for critical review. These bi-monthly meetings are held at BUSM.
- Obesity Journal Club (Clinical and Community Research Core): The Obesity Journal Club meets semi-weekly at TUSM to review papers published in biomedical journal that relate to obesity in population settings. Occasionally, the hour is used for doctoral students to present and get feedback on work in progress.
- Epidemiology Working Group Sponsored Seminars (Epidemiology and Genetics Core): This seminar series is held at Harvard School of Public Health and highlights a guest lecturer in a related field. Please click here for a link to upcoming seminars in the Department of Nutrition, HSPH.
Description of Educational Opportunities
Please note that the Center’s Administrative Core distributes a weekly list of local enrichment activities related to nutrition and obesity via email to BNORC members and others who have expressed an interest. This list includes seminars and programs that are sponsored and/or co-sponsored by the Center as well as other offerings that are not related to the Center. Please email the Center Administrator (email@example.com) if you would like to be added to this list.