Boston Nutrition Obesity Research Center
Seminar Series/Study Group Listings
- BNORC Adipose and Metabolic Study Group Seminars: Meets select Tuesdays at 10am
- Monday Nutrition Seminars at the Harvard School of Public Health
- Tufts - HNRCA Monday Seminar Series
DIVISION OF NUTRITION AT HARVARD, LONGWOOD NUTRITION SEMINAR 2015-2016,
Meets 1st Tuesday of Each Month, 12:00 – 1:00 PM
Obesity Working Group Meetingsponsored by the Epidemiology and Genetics Core of the Boston Nutrition Obesity Research Center
Monday, April 10, 2017 from 2:00-4:30 PM
Location: Epidemiology Library, Kresge 907, Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health
6th Annual Obesity Research Incubator Session
The Cardiovascular, Diabetes & Metabolic Disorders (CVDM) Research Center at Brigham and Women’s Hospital will be hosting its 6th Annual Obesity Research Incubator Session on Friday, April 28th from 1-4pm.
Abstract submission and cash prizes are open to junior investigators from all surrounding institutions.
Flyer and Call for Abstracts
Adipose Seminar Series sponsored by the Adipose Tissue Biology and Nutrient Metabolism Core (ABM) of BNORC
Tuesday, May 9, 2017 from 10:00–11:00 AM
“Thermogenic fat metabolism in humans and mice”
Yu-Hua Tseng, Ph.D., Associate Professor, Harvard Medical School Investigator, Joslin Diabetes Center
Location: BUMC, EBRC Building, 650 Albany Street, 7th Floor, Room 714
NUTRITION OMICS SYMPOSIUM 2017Advances, Applications and Translations in Nutrition and Epidemiology
Date: May 30th, 2017, 9am-5pm
Location: Kresge G2, HSPH, 667 Huntington Ave, Boston
Monday, July 10, 2017 from 9:00AM-1:30PM
Location: Boston University School of Medicine, 72 East Concord Street, Instructional Building, Hiebert Lounge, 14th Floor
Preliminary Agenda and Registration
Harvard Medical School Division of Nutrition, 18th Annual Postgraduate Nutrition Symposium
Surgical Treatment of Obesity: Physiological Mechanisms and Clinical Effects
at The Joseph B. Martin Conference Center at Harvard Medical School
Wednesday, July 12, 2017 at 8:00 AM - Thursday, July 13, 2017 at 12:15 PM (EDT)
Location: The Joseph B. Martin Center at Harvard Medical School
77 Avenue Louis Pasteur
Boston, MA 02115 USA
Event Details and Registration
13th Annual Stare-Hegsted Lecture, Nutrition Department at the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public HealthWednesday, November 1, 2017
“TBA” Dr. Lawrence J Appel, Johns Hopkins University
Ongoing Enrichment Activities
- BNORC hosts an Annual Program or Retreat that provides an opportunity for Center members and other Boston area investigators and clinicians to participate in scientific exchange. This program includes participation of all currently-funded Pilot and Feasibility investigators and is attended by the Center’s Scientific Advisory Committee.
- Obesity Medicine Interhospital Rounds is a conference series, which is a collaborative effort among the obesity treatment programs at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston Children’s Hospital, Boston Medical Center, Massachusetts General Hospital, Tufts Medical Center and the University of Massachusetts Medical Center. It will be held Wednesday evenings from 6:30-8:00 pm approximately 6 times per year, rotating to a different hospital for each session.
- Annual symposium or workshop organized by one of the four core laboratories. These programs are intended to provide an educational forum for new and established investigators in the area(s) of expertise of the responsible core laboratory.
- Participation in the ongoing Continuing Medical Education course co-sponsored by Harvard Medical School, Tufts University School of Medicine, and the NAASO: The Obesity Society to transfer the latest information on the causes, consequences and treatment of obesity to the practicing physician. Participation of Center members in the course provides expertise not readily available elsewhere. In addition, BNORC’s inclusion in the CME course helps to promote the identity of the Center and establishes the Center as a resource for expertise in obesity related activities.
- BNORC Adipose and Metabolic Study Group Seminars (ABM Core): The Study Group meeting includes research seminars and presentations of research in progress and grant proposals for critical review. These bi-monthly meetings are held at BUSM.
- Obesity Journal Club (Clinical and Community Research Core): The Obesity Journal Club meets semi-weekly at TUSM to review papers published in biomedical journal that relate to obesity in population settings. Occasionally, the hour is used for doctoral students to present and get feedback on work in progress.
- Epidemiology Working Group Sponsored Seminars (Epidemiology and Genetics Core): This seminar series is held at Harvard School of Public Health and highlights a guest lecturer in a related field. Please click here for a link to upcoming seminars in the Department of Nutrition, HSPH.
Description of Educational Opportunities
Please note that the Center’s Administrative Core distributes a weekly list of local enrichment activities related to nutrition and obesity via email to BNORC members and others who have expressed an interest. This list includes seminars and programs that are sponsored and/or co-sponsored by the Center as well as other offerings that are not related to the Center. Please email the Center Administrator (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you would like to be added to this list.