Boston Nutrition Obesity Research Center
Seminar Series/Study Group Listings
- BNORC Adipose and Metabolic Study Group Seminars: Meets select Tuesdays at 10am
- Monday Nutrition Seminars at the Harvard School of Public Health
- Tufts - HNRCA Monday Seminar Series
DIVISION OF NUTRITION AT HARVARD, LONGWOOD NUTRITION SEMINAR 2014-2015,
Meets 1st Tuesday of Each Month, 12:00 – 1:00 PM
Obesity Medicine Interhospital Rounds
Multidisciplinary Case Conference
Download Event Flyer
Three presentations on the management of obesity in surgical and non-surgical patients.
Date: June 19th, 2015
Location: Main Ballroom at the Boston Marriott Long Wharf
Parking is not available, unless through valet.
Please RSVP to email@example.com if you are attending.
BOSTON UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF MEDICINE
Department of Pharmacology and Department of Microbiology
POSTDOCTORAL CANDIDATE SEMNAR
"Implication of Saturated Fatty Acids in the Mechanism of Obesity-Induced Inflammation"
Dequina Nichols, Ph.D.
Loma Linda University
Monday, June 22, 2015 at 12:00 PM
Harvard Medical School Division of Nutrition, The 16th Annual Postgraduate Nutrition Symposium
Diet and Microbiota in Health and Disease
July 8-9, 2015
Location: Daniel Tosteson Medical Education Center, Carl Walter Amphitheater (2nd Floor), Harvard Medical School, 260 Longwood Avenue, Boston, MA
SAVE THE DATEJuly 24, 2015 from 9:00 AM-1:30 PM
BNORC Annual Symposium and Poster Session
Chronobiology and Obesity
Link to RSVP
Deadline for RSVP and Abstracts Submission for the Poster Session:
Friday, July 17th
Location: Boston University School of Medicine, 72 East Concord Street, Instructional Building, Hiebert Lounge, 14th Floor, Boston, MA
Ongoing Enrichment Activities
- BNORC hosts an Annual Program or Retreat that provides an opportunity for Center members and other Boston area investigators and clinicians to participate in scientific exchange. This program includes participation of all currently-funded Pilot and Feasibility investigators and is attended by the Center’s Scientific Advisory Committee.
- Obesity Medicine Interhospital Rounds is a conference series, which is a collaborative effort among the obesity treatment programs at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston Children’s Hospital, Boston Medical Center, Massachusetts General Hospital, Tufts Medical Center and the University of Massachusetts Medical Center. It will be held Wednesday evenings from 6:30-8:00 pm approximately 6 times per year, rotating to a different hospital for each session.
- Annual symposium or workshop organized by one of the four core laboratories. These programs are intended to provide an educational forum for new and established investigators in the area(s) of expertise of the responsible core laboratory.
- Participation in the ongoing Continuing Medical Education course co-sponsored by Harvard Medical School, Tufts University School of Medicine, and the NAASO: The Obesity Society to transfer the latest information on the causes, consequences and treatment of obesity to the practicing physician. Participation of Center members in the course provides expertise not readily available elsewhere. In addition, BNORC’s inclusion in the CME course helps to promote the identity of the Center and establishes the Center as a resource for expertise in obesity related activities.
- BNORC Adipose and Metabolic Study Group Seminars (ABM Core): The Study Group meeting includes research seminars and presentations of research in progress and grant proposals for critical review. These bi-monthly meetings are held at BUSM.
- Obesity Journal Club (Clinical and Community Research Core): The Obesity Journal Club meets semi-weekly at TUSM to review papers published in biomedical journal that relate to obesity in population settings. Occasionally, the hour is used for doctoral students to present and get feedback on work in progress.
- Epidemiology Working Group Sponsored Seminars (Epidemiology and Genetics Core): This seminar series is held at Harvard School of Public Health and highlights a guest lecturer in a related field. Please click here for a link to upcoming seminars in the Department of Nutrition, HSPH.
Description of Educational Opportunities
Please note that the Center’s Administrative Core distributes a weekly list of local enrichment activities related to nutrition and obesity via email to BNORC members and others who have expressed an interest. This list includes seminars and programs that are sponsored and/or co-sponsored by the Center as well as other offerings that are not related to the Center. Please email the Center Administrator (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you would like to be added to this list.