Boston Nutrition Obesity Research Center
Clinical and Community Research Core
Director:Aviva Must, PhD Professor of Public Health and Community Medicine (School of Medicine), and Nutrition (Friedman School of Nutrition, Science, and Policy) Tufts University
Co-Director:Elizabeth Goodman, MDProfessor of Pediatrics, Harvard Medical School
Assistant Directors:Roger Fielding, PhD Senior Scientist, (Human Nutrition Research Center), Tufts University
Sara Folta, Ph.D. Assistant Professor (Friedman School of Nutrition Science and Policy), Tufts University
Nicolas Oreskovic, MD Instructor in Pediatrics and Medicine (Harvard Medical School), Harvard University
The purpose of the Clinical and Community Research Core is:
- To provide services that support the development and implementation of clinical and community- based research studies that address prevention and treatment of obesity and nutrition-related diseases and risk factors operating across multiple sectors (family, school, worksite, community, policy).
SERVICES PROVIDED BY THE CCR CORE
- Provide training and access to NDS-R for assessment of diet using food records and 24-hour recalls
- Provide training and access to tools for survey development: pencil-and-paper, web-based, and audio computer assisted self-interviewing design (fee-for-service)
- Provide training and access to nVivo software for qualitative analysis of “unstructured” data, including: focus groups, in-depth interviews, open-ended survey responses, literature reviews, audio recordings, and other content analysis
- Provide consultation on study design, item and questionnaire design, and database design for community-based and community-based research
- Stimulate interest in population based obesity research through hosting of a bi-weekly Obesity Journal Club
After consulting with the Core Director, please use the link below to request Core services.